Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines Idea!

I'm going to share what I did for my kids this year for Valentines.  Hold onto your hats.....it DOESN'T involve candy! *gasp*

    I found an app called Mustache Me.


It's free, and you can find it in the App Store.  All you do is take a pic, and then you can add any of hundreds of mustaches, hats, glasses or props to your pics.  It also allows you to play with the colors--I did mine in black & white, to get that "hipster Instagram" look.  Lastly, you can email, tweet, Facebook, etc your creation to print them out.  That was step one.

     Step two involved Pinterest!  I found this cute Pre made care template that I decided to use.

 I just printed it on card stock, cut out the middles, and taped my kiddos pics in them.  They turned out soooo cute!  It was super easy & the kids loved them!  If you're looking for a gift that's not sugar-fueled, try a mustache.  Cause really......who doesn't love a nice stache?!
Mr. Whoopsie wants to be your valentine......


5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Thank you for joining my linky party! I am a new follower! Your blog looks great, Carrie! Happy to have found you.
    Share Your Blog in the Teaching Blog Circle
    The Teacher’s Chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm all about no food activities. Love food, but my students have too many allergies. This was my first time visiting your site. Thanks for sharing. I'm off to check out the Mustache app.
    -Kathy
    Kathy's First Grade Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mustache idea. I will have to remember it for next year. I just wanted to stop by to let you know that I’m one of your newest followers! I also thought you’d like to know that I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please go to my blog, Fun And Easy First Grade to see what steps to take next. I look forward to stopping by your blog often.
    Hugs-
    Heidi at http://funandeasyfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie,

    I'd like to start by saying that your Blog looks great!!! My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete