Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Classroom Reveal!!

It's that time of year again.....teachers everywhere are primping for a new batch of kiddos to come back to school!
I am no different.  I am going to bed dreaming of more projects to start for my room this year!  Sad to say, I have cut myself off.  Finite. Donezo.  No mas.  It is what it is, and I am ok with that.

Now it's time for the good stuff....planning!  But before we get into that, I'll give you a little peek into my new room this year!  I've moved to a new school (literally 4 blocks from my old school.)  I am going to teach art this year *squee*  to kids in Pre-K to 5th grade.  I am so excited to be back in the art game.  Back to loving my job, and not being able to wait to get to work!
Here's what I have so far:

This is part of my counters.  It's where my supplies for each grade level are housed.  I'm not a fan for scrambling for things at the last minute & this helps me plan out my day & make sure I have paper, supplies, and read alouds collected for all my classes.  *Remember my dish rack, er..iPad holder?  It's making a cameo next to 2nd grade supplies!
This is the beginning of my crazy reainbow theme.  I figured I needed to tone down the color, so all my boards are backed with graphic black & white paper.  Note: thanks to our friendly neighborhood Fire Marshall, my poofs are NOT hanging from the ceiling.  Cause bad things happen when you hang things from the ceiling. Clearly.
My big board... #love.  Places to hang each grade level's masterpieces.
I color coded each table this year.  Hopefully that means no fighting over supplies.  #inMyDreams
My focus wall for each grade level by the Smartboard.
GT Icons #holla  I used arrows attached to clothespins to move to whatever our focus icons are that week.
My only group behavior besides Class Dojo.  When they get too loud, I flip a letter.  Lose all three letters, no talkie.
Then my behavior plan.  These are just laminated sheets.  A clip chart is not conducive to 1000 kids.  So, after a warning, I write their name on the yellow.  If the behavior continues...I write the name on red.  Red= note home.  Those are housed above the chart for easy access.  At the end of the day, I note the behavior in my data binder; which helps with documentation if the need arises!

That's it for now.  What about y'all?  What cool things are you doing in your classroom this year?

#iTeachArt



No comments:

Post a Comment