Joy of Kindergarten started this linky.....and inspired me , or perhaps un-spired me. I thought I'd link up on this one; with my school year looming right around the corner. My classroom is still a wreck, but I'm hoping to be finished *enough* to post some pics tomorrow! There comes a point where you just have to step back and say "that'll do, pig...that'll do." bonus points if you know what movie that's from! With all the construction going on; I've been at school for almost 2 weeks now and feel like I've not accomplished anything. BUT, I must remember, my kids won't know if I forget to contact paper my filing cabinet, or make a new fancy calendar board. They'll be just as excited for a new year as I am....fancy or not.
Anyways, back to business....5 things I'm gonna miss:
1. SLEEPING IN!! I'm not talking about past noon or anything, but why can't we start school around 9:30 or 10? Waking up at 5:30ish is not high on my list of awesome things to do each day. ugh.
2. Staying up late...here's to all us late night party animals!! I am the queen of staying up till 4am. Why so late, you might ask? Important things.....like, random projects, Facebook, PINTEREST, catching up on True Blood, and I'm a closet follower of Dawson's Creek on Netflix. So, obviously, nothing life-shattering; but not having to get up at the butt-crack of dawn has it's privileges.
3. Getting stuff done in the afternoons. Making appointments, running errands; all so much easier with an open afternoon schedule. And thank you Nancy for reminding me--doing said things in workout pants and flip flops.
4. Lunch! You know what I mean. The freedom to take more than your alloted 20 minute lunch time to eat. No cafeteria funk, no inhaling your food in record time, and most importantly--no one "looking" for you during aforementioned lunchtime. Mmmm.....my favorite lunch this summer, Torchy's Tacos. The trailer park taco will change your life ;)
5. And lastly. Lazy summer afternoons. The freedom to go to the pool, the mall, take a nap, sit around and read, skate, workout, write, or anything my heart desires, I could do one, or do them all....no schedules...who cares, it's summertime!
Le sigh. Back to school next week. I'm excited for a new year; but not looking forward to the early mornings and seemingly endless lists of things to do.
What about you....what are you going to miss about the summer?
And shameless plug....It's BOUT WEEKEND!! If you're in or near Houston, come watch the Bos$es, sans a broken Rayge, whoop up on the Valkyries